Most of us have the one that got away… Someone who we thought
we could be happy with. Someone who we are left to ponder “what if?” about…. Well
for me I have 2 of those.
Due to some facebook stalking yesterday I found out that one
of those people is now happily married. He looked so so happy in the wedding
photos and I felt my heart break a little. I had always held out hope that
maybe one day we would drift back toward each other and pick up where we left
off. I found out a couple of years ago that we are both very passionate
supporters of my beloved Giants and had always hoped that we’d casually bump
into each other at a game or such.
It has been a long time since I have been with this man, but
there are just people who leave an impact on your life. We met on an adult
dating site and our relationship was always only ever casual. We were mates
though. We had dinner, we went to concerts together. It wasn’t only about the
sex, which was oh so good! This is a man who when I said I hadn’t shaved, he
couldn’t have given a shit and made me feel so comfortable in my skin. In my
early 20s when we were seeing each other, he was the only person I ever felt comfortable
enough to show my whole body to when we would have sex on webcam. He would ask
to see all of me, he made me feel beautiful when society told me otherwise.
I’m not sure if I ever loved him, but there was always
something there. There was the glimmer of something that could be beautiful. He
was smart and funny and oh so nerdy. All the attributes I love in a man. He
saved me from an all male moshpit at the Hilltop Hoods, sung me Flight of the
Concords songs and was my 6’5 big spoon. He was ideal…. Even though he made me
sleep in silence.
As I started this blog I Will Always Love You came up on my
playlist, so I will finish with saying that I wish him joy and happiness.
Hopefully I will see him one day to tell him that in person and congratulate
him on finding someone who makes him smile.
I will always miss you Mr Moody....
PEACE AND LUST
SEXY JESS
That is an awesome blog Jess! Even tho it hurts you that he has moved on it shows the type of person you are to still be happy for him even tho a little disappointed on the inside.
ReplyDelete